For those seeking a weight loss alternative or dealing with metabolic issues like diabetes or high blood pressure, gastric sleeve surgery can be a safe, long-term solution. Sleeve gastrectomy, also known as gastric sleeve surgery, is one of the most common procedures in the field of bariatric surgery. The gastric sleeve procedure is a safe and effective way to shrink the size of the stomach, reduce appetite, and help eligible patients lose weight. Additionally, the gastric sleeve surgery experience at Conway Regional is the only one of its kind in the North Metro.
From your first consultation to post-surgery, our team is with you every step of the way. For more information, please call Conway Regional Surgical Associates at 501-327-4828
If you're interested in learning more, Click here to complete an interest form.
How do I become a patient?
- Attend our Bariatric Seminar Meeting. These meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at the Conway Regional Medical Center.
- Submit an interest request to our bariatric coordinator.
- Attend a consultation with our surgeon and bariatric team to discuss surgical options and clear a pathway for permanent weight loss.
- Submit records from your wellness visits or attend a wellness appointment to verify you are in good health prior to surgery.
- Follow-up visit with your surgeon to discuss surgery specifics and evaluation. At this visit, we will work with you to schedule a surgery date.
- Follow the post-surgical care pathway plan to success, which includes support groups and physician office visits.
Each patient is different, and the specific timeline associated with your care plan will be independently tailored to your experience. In general, there are some specific milestones for each stage of the journey. The graphic below helps illustrate what you can expect during your bariatric surgery.