The Conway Regional speech language pathologists are licensed staff that focus on improving communication, swallowing, voice difficulties and cognitive skills.
Conditions and Disorders treated:
- Augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Cancer of the head and neck
- Expressive and Receptive language difficulties
- Head Injury
- Memory and Attention difficulties
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Swallowing and feeding difficulties/Dysphagia
- Parkinson’s Disease with a research based voice treatment program specialized for these patients
- Voice disorders (trach, vocal cord trauma, hoarseness)
Swallow studies are performed at the hospital as an outpatient for both adults and pediatrics.
Following a thorough evaluation, the therapist and patient develop a plan of care and work on attaining these goals through exercises, activities, use of modalities, and hands on intervention. This enables the patients to achieve their highest level of function with swallowing, communication, and/or safety to help them maintain their independence. A physician referral is required before you can begin therapy services.