Conway Regional's occupational therapy staff uses the latest treatment techniques and equipment to help patients improve function and decrease pain in the upper extremities. Our team provides direct one-on-one care and focuses on clearly educating patients on how to improve their current conditions and maintain improvement with a home exercise program.
Injuries and conditions treated:
- Upper-extremity injuries
- Neurological conditions, such as a stroke or Parkinson's disease
- Hand, elbow, and/or shoulder pain
Conway Regional's occupational therapy services include:
- Customized intervention to improve ability to perform daily activities and improve independence
- Upper-extremity (hand, elbow, shoulder) strengthening, flexibility training, and improved range-of-motion
- Custom splint fabrication
- Parkinson's disease treatment by a LSVT Certified occupational therapist
Following a thorough evaluation, the therapist and patient work on attaining goals through exercise, activity, use of modalities, hands-on intervention, and adaptive equipment, if applicable. This enables the patients to maximize their function and decrease pain in self-care, work, and leisure activities.
Conway Regional occupational therapists provide care at three of our Conway Regional Therapy Center outpatient clinics, Conway Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, Conway Regional HomeCare, and Conway Regional Medical Center.