Personal Alert is a personal response system designed primarily for elderly and disabled people who may be living alone and are considered at risk. It can also be used for latchkey children or families that have infants or children with medical conditions that may warrant immediate attention.
Personal Alert services at Conway Regional cover an 11-county service area: Faulkner, Cleburne, Conway, Lonoke, Perry, Pope, Pulaski, Searcy, Van Buren, White and Yell. The Personal Alert program includes a one-time setup fee of $30.00 and then a monthly fee of $35.00 after the first month of service. Monthly tests are conducted to assure that all Personal Alert equipment is functioning properly.
How Personal Alert Systems work:
- If you need help, push the help button located on your personal assistance device.
- Your home unit or communicator is activated and automatically dials the Personal Alert Response Center.
- Trained professionals, who have instant access to your complete profile and critical information, will contact you immediately to see what help you need.
- If you can't answer, Personal Alert sends help at once.
- If you are able to tell the Personal Alert responder what is happening, either a neighbor or emergency services will be summoned to help you.
To learn more about the Personal Alert services offered at Conway Regional Health System, please call (501) 327-4531.