Scholarship Criteria and Guidelines
Each spring, the Foundation awards scholarships to area students who are currently enrolled, or beginning their education, in a health related career field. Applicants must be studying one of the following on a full-time basis: Medicine, Nursing, Laboratory/Research, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Surgical Technology, Dentistry, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, Medical Information or another Health Related Field. Awards may be used for tuition, books, and room and board expenses.
Applicants are considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible, but are limited to one scholarship per school year. Recipients receive scholarship proceeds in two disbursements - half in the fall and half in the spring sessions. Each recipient must present a copy of his or her full-time class schedule and previous semester's grades before scholarship funds are released. Click here to see a list of available scholarships.
How to Apply
Applications and all supporting documentation are due no later than February 29, 2020.
Please have the following items completed and ready for upload before beginning the electronic application:
- Signed application. Applicants under the age of 18 must have his or her parent or guardian sign as well.
- Essay. Please explain in 200 words or less why you are choosing to study Nursing/Medical Science and/or a direct patient care curriculum, and what you expect to gain from your studies. Your name must appear on the top right hand corner of your essay.
- Official copy of your letter of acceptance to an accredited medical/nursing program (If acceptance letter has not been issued prior to deadline, verification must be provided prior to fund disbursement.)
- Official copy of ACT score and most current GPA.
Please mail the following items to the Foundation Office:
- Official copy of your high school transcript with GPA (high school seniors)
- Official copy of your college transcript (college students)
Please mail OR email the following items:
- Two (2) letters of reference:
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher, counselor or employer
- One (1) letter of reference from a personal, adult friend
Scholarship Selection Committee ● Conway Regional Health Foundation
2302 College Avenue ● Conway, AR 72034
Giving to the Scholarship Program