A hospital was established in Conway in 1921 when Col. John E. Little donated a tract of land to the city for a building site. In 1938 the hospital was organized as Conway Memorial Hospital, a non-profit corporation with seven board members. The hospital moved to its present location across the street from the original building in July of 1957, with 60 beds.
Today, Conway Regional Health System provides complete health care services to the growing communities of northern central Arkansas including Faulkner, Conway, Perry, Pope, Van Buren and Cleburne counties. Centered on a 150-bed, acute care medical center, the health system provides patients with a variety of services, such as:
- Heart Health
- Cancer Care
- Women's Health
At Conway Regional Health System we are proud to serve the people of central Arkansas by providing top quality medical care in a supportive environment. Just like our community, we are growing and rapidly refining our services to meet the changing needs of our neighbors. With more than 225 physicians on the medical staff, more than 1,200 employees and about 100 volunteers, Conway Regional is committed to making better health care a reality.
Conway Regional Health System overview:
- Not-for-profit hospital
- Acute care Medical Center with 150 beds
- HomeCare Services and Personal Alert Systems are teamed up to provide complete in-home professional medical care
- 12 bed Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Unit
- Outpatient diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services, including a full range of surgery, testing and therapy
- Therapy Services at five convenient locations
- A Women's Center that offers family-centered OB care, a complete array of gynecology services, and women's diagnostic and health education services.
- Primary Care Network provides clinics in Clinton, Conway, Greenbrier, Mayflower, Pottsville, Russellville and Vilonia.
- Specialty Care Network provides clinics in Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Neurology, Pain Management, Surgical Services and Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
- Senior Behavioral Health Services featuring a Geriatric Transitional Care Center and Senior Evaluation and Counseling Center
- Surgery suites equipped and staffed for inpatient and outpatient surgeries and emergencies
- Complete range of diagnostic imaging including some of the latest technology such as open bore MRI, PET/CT scanning, 3D mammography and breast MRI as well as a full-service outpatient imaging center
- Nationally certified laboratory services supervised by a pathologist and includes hematology, paracytology, microbiology, chemistry, a blood bank and all other components of a full service laboratory
- Full service Emergency Department available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with board certified Emergency Room physicians on duty
- Wound Healing Center featuring Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- 70,000 square-foot Health & Fitness Center with a professional staff offering rehabilitation, fitness health assessment, health education and testing under medical guidance, with fitness memberships available to the public
- Free physician referral service
- Comprehensive community education program and speaker's bureau