Senior Behavioral Health Care (formerly Geriatric Transitional Care) is an inpatient service of the Conway Regional Medical Center designed for individuals ages 65 and older who need short-term (10 to 14 days) mental health care. We assess to determine a treatment plan, schedule daily therapeutic activities and prepare for a smooth transition to either the home or an appropriate long-term care facility.
Our Senior Behavioral Health Care unit includes 11 beds, 7 private rooms and is located in the medical center for prompt physician or emergency care. Initial assessments are free and include pre-admission telephone screening. All patients are admitted by a psychiatrist with a primary care physician or a hospitalist consulting for any chronic medical condition.
Our individual and group therapy programs involve counseling, music, art, occupational, pets, plants, spiritual, relaxation and recreation. If requested, primary care physicians will receive patient progress reports regularly.
We treat a wide range of illnesses, including:
- Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia
- Major depressive disorders
- Bi-Polar Disorders
- Other psychiatric illnesses
Senior Behavioral Health Care covers all the needs of our patients with a comprehensive healthcare approach.
Our staff includes:
- Primary Care Physicians
- Consulting psychologists
- Licensed Therapists
- Certified activity therapist
- Case manager
- Around-the-clock, professional nursing care
Conway Regional Senior Behavioral Health Care are covered under Medicare and most major supplemental health insurance companies.
Visitor Hours & Guidelines
Senior Behavioral Health Care has very specific guidelines. All visitors are asked to observe the following:
- No glass containers are permitted on the nursing unit or in patient rooms
- Avoid bringing irreplaceable family memorabilia to your loved one's room
- Flowers can be brought as gifts but only in plastic containers
- Any food or drink items must be cleared by the charge nurse at the nurses' station
While entry to this secure unit is closely monitored, family members may visit during the following hours:
Monday - Friday
5:30 - 7:30 pm
Saturday - Sunday
1:30 - 4:00 pm
5:30 - 7:30 pm