News Media Interview Requests
As mandated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Conway Regional Health System, its employees and vendors are responsible and accountable for the protection of the private health information of all patients in facilities owned by the health system.
With this responsibility in mind, all news media requests for interviews and photographs should be directed to the Conway Regional Marketing and Public Relations Department. A member of the Marketing and Public Relations Department must be present at all times in which the news media is on Conway Regional property with the expressed purpose of ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of our patients and their families.
Interviews and photographs may be requested by calling (501) 513-5782 or via email@example.com. After the hours of 8 am to 5 pm, please call the hospital operators at (501) 329-3831 and ask them to contact the hospital spokesperson.
Under HIPAA, information may be released about the condition of a patient only if the inquiry specifically contains the patient's full name. If the patient has not requested that information be withheld and the request for information contains the patient's name, the hospital spokesperson will generally be able to release the patient's condition. This information will be general in nature and consiste of the one-word descriptions below:
- Undetermined---patient is awaiting physician assessment
- Good---Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent
- Fair---Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious---Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical---Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.