Conway Regional Health System is pleased to announce the 2018 M*A*S*H (Medical Applications of Science for Health) Program – a two-week summer day camp that introduces 11th and 12th grade high school students to the practical application of scientific theories and concepts to real life health careers, diagnoses and treatment scenarios.
During the camp, students will participate in hands-on activities including dissection, casting/suturing and earning certification in CPR. Students will also interact with health professionals in family and internal medicine, nursing, pharmacology, laboratory sciences, physical/occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, radiology, radiation therapy, kinesiology, ophthalmology and others.
While there is no cost for students accepted into the program, it is limited to 30 students determined competitively based on the following criteria. The deadline for applications is March 30, 2018.
- Must have been a high school sophomore or junior during the fall 2017 semester.
- Have a 3.5 or higher grade point average.
- Supply written recommendations from a high school health or science teacher and a high school counselor.
- Have signed parental or guardian approval to participate.
- Must have taken or be enrolled in biology.
- Provide a transcript of grades including cumulative grade point average.
- Be able to attend the entire two-week program which will meet from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday from July 23-August 3, 2018.
The Conway Regional M*A*S*H program is being hosted by the Conway Regional Women’s Council and is being offered in partnership with UAMS and Arkansas Farm Bureau.
If you prefer a hard copy application, they can be picked up at the Conway Regional Health Foundation (631 Western Ave).