Dates have been announced for the spring Savvy Caregiver course.
The classes are designed to help caregivers better understand dementia and to cope with the difficulties involved in caring for loved ones who are suffering from Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. The classes will be held every two weeks beginning March 2 and ending April 27. Classes will be held in Room 232 of the Doyne Health Science Center at UCA from 10 am to noon Saturdays as follows:
• March 2, introduction to dementing illnesses and the role of care giving
• March 16, learning to care for self and care-giving strategies
• March 30, defining a primary goal of care giving and determining dementia stages
• April 13, how to achieve contented involvement in care giving
• April 27, family involvement in care giving and employing a model to help with decision making in care giving situations The Science Center is located at 201 Donaghey Avenue.
The classes are sponsored by Conway Regional's department of Senior Services. To register, call 501-932-0480.