Conway Regional Health System
Advanced Search

Cardiac Rehabilitation

Conway Regional Cardiac Rehabilitation provides heart patients with a medically supervised environment for exercise and education to help them recover and improve their overall quality of life.

The goal of our program is to help individuals increase their strength and endurance and adapt their lifestyle so they can enjoy many more active years. Admission into Phase I and II of Cardiac Rehab requires a physician's order and takes place at the Conway Regional Medical Center - Therapy Department.

Who Qualifies?
Patients who have or have had:

  • Coronary artery bypass graft
  • Heart attack
  • Angioplasty and/or stent placement
  • Heart valve repair or replacement
  • Heart or heart-lung transplant
  • Stable angina
  • Heart failure
  • Other approved heart-related conditions

The program has three phases:

Phase I

Cardiac Rehabilitation begins in the hospital, after a procedure. Patients are educated on their heart's function, heart disease and the role of diet and exercise in their recovery. They also begin limited physical activity. 

Phase II

This phase will begin after discharge from the hospital, approximately two to six weeks after a cardiac event. This medically supervised rehabilitation offers a supervised exercise regimine with regular reporting to the physician. Patients attend exercise sessions three times per week. 

Classes and educational materials are also provided.

Medicare will approve 36 visits of outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation that must be used in the first 12 to 18 weeks of Phase II. Medicare pays 80% of Phase II and Medipak pays the remaining 20% for the listed diagnosis and conditions when a patient has a physician's referral. Many private insurance companies will also pay for Cardiac Rehab.

The clinic is located in the Physician Tower of Conway Regional, just off of the East Lobby (Entrance 1), in Suite 205. Click here to view a map of the hospital.  Please note that the elevator for Cardiac Rehabilitation is marked with the #11 on the map.

If you have questions or need directions please call (501) 450-2492.

Phase III

Phase III is a self pay program offered at the Conway Regional Personal Training Studio. Phase III assists individuals in building their strength and endurance on a more independent basis in addition to learning how to manage their overall heart health. 

Benefits include:

  • Improved cardiovascular and muscular endurance in a supportive, non-threatening environment
  • Customized approach to fitness offered in a more private setting, with one-on-one training
  • A workout location designed to increase independence
  • Rehab is conducted by certified personal trainers who are NSCA Certified Strength  and conditioning specialists
Contact Us: 1-800-245-3314 or (501) 329-3831 2302 College Avenue, Conway, Arkansas 72034
I am...
Condidtions We Treat
Patient Toolbox
Visitor Guide
About Us