Prior to your surgery, our admitting nurse will make every attempt to contact you and collect information that will help your doctor choose the best and safest treatment. All the information becomes part of your medical record and is strictly confidential.
- Pre-admission testing may have been ordered. We suggest that you visit our Outpatient Department between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm prior to surgery to complete your tests.
- Please bathe, shower, wash your hair and shave prior to surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, jewelry, nail polish or other cosmetics the day of surgery.
- Wear flat heeled shoes and loose comfortable clothing.
- Do not eat, drink, chew gum or smoke after midnight the day of your surgery. If you do, it may be necessary to cancel your procedure.
- Please follow the instructions your doctor has given you concerning your routine medicines.
- Please bring all current medications you are presently taking and a list of any drug allergies.
- Arrange for another adult to drive you home after your release.
- Bring any required information and insurance forms with you when you are admitted. (Instructions for specific Laboratory, Radiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, and Respiratory testing are available in the Services Section of this website.)