When your doctor believes you are ready to leave the hospital, he/she will authorize your discharge. Please talk to your nurse about the hospital's discharge procedures.
Here are a few tips to make the discharge process run smoothly:
- Be sure you and/or your caregiver speak with a discharge planner so that you understand the services needed after leaving the hospital
- Verify the date and time of your discharge with your nurse or doctor
- Arrange for someone to pick you up when you are discharged
- Before leaving, check your room and bathroom carefully for any personal items
- Make sure you or your caregiver has all necessary paperwork for billing, referrals, prescriptions, etc.
Continuing Care Options
Your doctor may request follow-up care once you leave the hospital. Some of the outpatient follow-up care services we offer include: