A hospital was established in Conway in 1921 when Col. John E. Little donated a tract of land to the city for a building site. In 1938 the hospital was organized as Conway Memorial Hospital, a non-profit corporation with seven board members. The hospital moved to its present location across the street from the original building in July of 1957, with 60 beds.
Today, Conway Regional Health System provides complete health care services to the growing communities of north Central Arkansas including Faulkner, Conway, Perry, Van Buren and Cleburne counties. Centered on a 154-bed acute care medical center, the health system provides patients with a variety of services, such as:
Additional components of Conway Regional Health System include:
By the Numbers
In 2011 the Conway Regional staff and area physicians:
- Delivered 1,854 babies
- Assisted more than 36,000 people in the Emergency Department
- Provided care for 8,128 patients admitted to the medical center
- Cared for 32,297 patients through the primary care network
With more than 125 physicians on the active medical staff, more than 1,400 employees and more than 100 volunteers, Conway Regional is commited to making better health care a reality for the people of north Central Arkansas.